Artisan Creative is celebrating 20 years in staffing and recruitment and over the years we have learned a thing or two that we’d like to share with you. We hope you enjoy the 406th issue of our weekly a.blog.
You’ve set your goals, created your vision board and have gathered all the momentum and excitement you can muster to get everything accomplished right now…. so how do you keep your determination going to see your goals come to fruition?
Once you set your broader vision for the year, the next step is to break down each goal into actionable steps. Otherwise, just the thought of how to get started can rapidly become overwhelming.
Below are 5 tips to help integrate action into your goal setting process.
1. Work with the end goal in mind.
What action steps are needed to happen daily or weekly in order for the goal to be accomplished? For example, if your goal is to learn a new language, the actionable steps may be:
- research online classes or sign-up for physical classes
- download the Duolingo app
- join a meet-up/group
2. Be Specific: Add a timeline or date for accomplishing each step.
- research and sign up for onlineor physical classes by 1/15/17
- download the Duolingo app by 1/5/17
- study 1 hour per day ( or 7 hours per week) at 4 pm each day
- research meet-up/groups by 1/10/17, join a group by 2/1/17
3. Protect the time on your calendar.
It’s easy for urgent matters to take over what is important. Schedule time for the important items, otherwise the weeks will fly by with little attention to the steps needed to attain your goals. Make an appointment with yourself and set a reminder!
4. Get an accountability partner.
Share your goals with friends and co-workers. Ask one of them to be your accountability partner and plan a monthly check in with them.
5. Celebrate your wins along the way.
Be proud of your accomplishments—no matter how small… as long as they are on the right path to help you accomplish your goals, then it’s worth a celebration.
An action plan and timeline for accomplishing each step will put you on the right path to accomplish your goals
Please share any tips on how you set goals and develop plans for accomplishing them.