At Artisan Creative, we believe in creating long lasting relationships—with our talent, with our clients and most definitely with our team.
Engaging in an integrated life-work philosophy and staying true to our core values has always been how we conduct business and have maintained our culture here at Artisan. We believe this is one of the reasons for our success over our past 20 years in this business.
We also believe that culture must be nurtured, cultivated and cared for.
As our California-based company has been virtual for over 7 years, we’ve learned to do things a little differently that allow us to continue to build a strong culture for our team members who all work remotely.
Many of our client companies have offices in multiple locations, and the tips we employ with our virtual staff can easily be applied to teams in remote locations as well as virtual teams.
Below are 5 tips for creating and nurturing company culture in a virtual work environment.
- Befriend Technology! Use Slack, Yammer or any other team communication or collaboration tool to stay connected. We hold scheduled daily Zoom video huddles to brainstorm and share ideas, and use Slack to review assignments and execute our search plans. A good CRM system keeps track of communications, meetings, appointments and client and talent information.
- Communicate metrics and expectations clearly— review them daily/weekly. Communicate the vital short-term goals.
- Create a transparent environment so people understand their value and contribution.
- Come together often. We have in-person team meetings once a month, and team members meet up for talent interviews and client site visits throughout the month.
- Meet socially! We have team activities ranging from potlucks, paint nights, bowling and dinners out. We include spouses and partners in the social outings.
Please share any best practices for growing culture within your team.