Celebrating Margaret Jung’s 28th year with Artisan Creative
March marks the 28th anniversary of our senior account manager, Margaret Jung, with Artisan Creative. It is a momentous occasion and cause for celebration. Working for the same company for over a quarter of a century is quite the feat, especially in this day and age.
Those of you who have been fortunate to meet Margaret, know that she enters every room with the biggest smile, loudest hello, and is filled with joy and enthusiasm.
Working for a company whose values are aligned with hers, the opportunity to create a difference in people’s lives and to build long-lasting relationships is what motivates her. Her energy, enthusiasm, and drive come down to one phrase: creating relationships based on trust.
She is a consummate business development professional, highly knowledgeable in the world of creative and marketing recruitment, and has a first-rate understanding of the design marketplace.
Margaret shares 28 lessons learned along the way to stay strong over the past 28 years.
- Stay positive
- Be open to change
- Be realistic
- Work with and hire the right people–it goes a long way
- Know you have a team to back you up
- Support your team
- Believe in the core values of your company and share the same philosophy with your team
- Be accountable to yourself and the team
- Be self-aware
- Know your capabilities
- Keep yourself motivated
- Have a boss who gives you constant encouragement and advice
- Lead by example
- Have the mindset of being your own boss (especially in a remote business model like Artisan Creative’s)
- Have good communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Understand that things aren’t always black and white
- Compromise when needed
- Don’t be afraid of having difficult conversations
- Sometimes you need to just pick up the phone to get your point across (emails and/or text can get lost in translation)
- Follow-up, follow-up, follow-up…
- Control what you can control and what you can’t–move on
- First impressions are lasting impressions
- Stress can be managed. It’s not the end of the world
- Be true to yourself, know your limitations and stick with it
- Having the 3D’s- drive, determination and discipline
Having Empathy for others especially since we are in the “people” business
Be good to yourself – take breaks and do what makes you happy- life is not always about “work”.
- Finally, life is so much better when you are laughing.
If you need help with recruitment to hire a position on your team, reach out to Margaret. You’ll see what we mean.
Thank you, Margaret, for an amazing 28 years. Here’s to creating even more impact and new relationships in 2023 and beyond.