Last week I asked the recruiters at Artisan to give me their number one reason for using a recruiter to find a new role. I ended up with a pretty comprehensive list. If you are considering adding a recruiter to your job search team, here are some great reasons why:
- A recruiter is a consultant acting on your behalf. They are as committed to finding you a perfect new role as you are. They are pro-actively advocating for you and thinking of new opportunities.
- A recruiter can get you a lead into the company culture and processes that you could not find out on your own. Your own research can only get you so far. Recruiters can often provide details not listed on job descriptions.
- A recruiter can negotiate salary and benefits for you. By knowing the clients’ actual salary range and benefits offering, recruiters may actually be able to get you a better package than advertised.
- Resumes from recruiters go to the top of the pile (assuming your recruiter has a good relationship with the client).
- An extra set of professional eyes on your resume is incredibly important (especially but not exclusively to eliminate typos).
- A recruiter has access to opportunities not listed on job boards.
- A recruiter with a great reputation for representing outstanding talent adds value to your brand.
Having a recruiter on your team can be the difference between landing the perfect role and sitting home by yourself wishing for that great job. Consider signing up with a recruiter who places people in your area of expertise. You’ll be glad you did!
Wendy Stackhouse for Artisan Creative, with help from everyone on Our Team