have the a.team find your dream team
User Experience (UX) Researcher
UX Research is typically the first step in the User Experience process. Creative UX researchers use a variety of methodologies to provide information and context to the design team. The research step helps pinpoint the user’s needs and or the product’s functions and requirements. UX research methods include user interviews, usability testing, and heuristic evaluation.
UX Researchers will lead user and product research for projects, including creating and implementing research plans and schedules for multiple projects, determining which methods to perform, and creating a repository of data for supporting optimal decision-making across an organization. They perform a variety of research, from field studies and usability evaluations to quick online research. They also lead the collection and integration of analytics and usability data, work with vendors to perform outside studies and research, and create user profiles. UX Researchers perform competitive analyses and contribute to ongoing process improvement, including best practices and standards.
Common requirements for UX Researchers are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Ethnography, or extensive work in user experience research
- Experience conducting user research
- Experience planning and conducting lab usability evaluations, field studies, heuristic evaluations, surveys, and participatory design methods
- Experience with qualitative and user-centered design methodologies
- Working knowledge of quantitative, behavioral analysis and statistics
- Familiarity with the limits and constraints of design for the web and across different browsers
Alternative job titles for UX Researcher can include Usability Researcher, Useability Specialist, Usability Analyst, and Usability Engineer.
Whether you are a hiring manager looking for staffing and recruitment support or you are a creative on a job search, our Artisan Creative a. team is here to help. Please let us know how we can help.
Please join us on social for interviewing, job search and hiring best practices. Check out our latest Podcast on creativity, inspiration and the determination it takes to be an artisan.