Toy Product Designer | Job #13040September 27, 2020 Temp-to-Hire DOE
Artisan Creative is looking for a Toy Product Designer for our client in the consumer goods space. This role is 100% remote and is a temp to hire position.
In this role, you will participate in business and product strategy development, including creating innovative slots and rationale for an existing brand. You will be assisting in new product brainstorming, sketch, create 3D models, or illustrate drawings of potential product ideas and concepts. This position will report to the Design Director.
As the ideal candidate, you are an out of the box thinking creative who is up to date with the latest trends in the client’s industry. You are proficient in SolidWorks, Illustrator and Photoshop. You have strong analytical and communication skills and have experience working within the preschool, hard goods, or toy industry working with both girls and boys categories.
- Participate in business and product strategy development, including creating innovative slots and rationale for an existing brand.
- Research and review of new product categories.
- Assist in presentations for review of product design concepts and prepare final drawings of new products.
- Sketch, create 3D models or illustration drawings of new products.
- Prepare various product description/documentation forms required by other departments for the turnover of final product designs for manufacturing.
- At least 2 years in Product Design within the preschool, hard goods, or toy industry working with both girls and boys categories.
- Strong creative, artistic, and aesthetic skills in a preschool or/and tech toy category.
- Proficient in SolidWorks, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Plastics, electronics, or mechanical experience are a plus.
Please reference the Job # and Title in the subject matter of your email and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org Please provide your resume, portfolio or URL where applicable as well as three references for consideration. Additionally, please provide 3-5 bullet points as to how your experience best relates to the requirements. Unless specified, roles are not open to relocation or remote candidates and only local candidates will be considered. Thank you.
Applicants for roles within the City of Los Angeles please note: “Pursuant to the Los Angeles City Fair Chance Initiative Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with Criminal Histories.”
Applicants for roles within the City of San Francisco please note: “Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction warrants.”
Artisan Creative has spent the last 20+ years in creative staffing and recruitment helping candidates find both freelance and full time roles in the Print,Digital, Broadcast, Marketing, Social Media and Communication fields.
We work with a variety of clients from Advertising and Design agencies to in-house teams in the Entertainment, Health and Beauty, Fashion, Financial, Technology and Manufacturing verticals to name a few. For a complete list of our core capabilities, please visit artisancreative.com
Visit our blog to access over 400 articles on interviewing best practices, job search and freelancing tips. Artisan Creative is a WBENC-Certified Women’s Business Enterprise and Equal Opportunity Employer.