Senior Design Director – B2B | Job #13005August 2, 2020 Full-time Salary DOE
Artisan Creative is looking for a Sr. Design Director with B2B experience for our agency client’s content marketing and sales team. This is a thought and design leadership role where the ideal candidate will:
- Lead defining and articulating design direction and design principles,
- Build consensus and create consistency amongst all deliverables
- Get buy-in and share with key internal and external stakeholders
In this role, you will work closely with the content team to translate the written word and messaging into impactful visual concepts and work with the design team to create standards for all deliverables including presentations, infographics, videos, ebooks, etc.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in an agency setting having worked with enterprise-level B2B clients. Experience with conceptualizing and defining visual standards for C-suite audiences is key for this position.
This is a unique hybrid role consisting of thought leadership, design direction, project management, and client support.
- Articulate our client’s proprietary IP and design principles to internal & external stakeholders
- Create consensus and usage of principles with both internal and external teams
- Lead the creative team to design deliverables that are clear, concise and compelling for a C-suite audience.
- Work with internal design teams, and external marketing and creative teams to execute on the vision
- Be comfortable executing within a client’s brand guidelines
- Translate written copy and stories into visual concepts for clients’ marketing and sales enablement assets.
- Determine standards and recommendations for all deliverables
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines and expectations
- Train and coach on the execution of design standards across
- Review and approve visual output
- Communicate openly and frequently regarding project status and timelines
- Convey visual thought leadership through speaking and writing (as desired)
- Attend sales calls as SME for design principles and work on large, new business opportunities
- Manage a team of internal designers, third-party, and contract production resources
- 10-15 years of agency/B2B experience
- Be a critical thinker
- Have strong thought leadership experience
- Be a consensus builder who can articulate the “why” behind the design
- Demonstrate expertise in design principles
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset
- Be a natural and keen learner
- Be intellectually curious.
- Have exceptional presentation and public speaking skills
Please reference the Job # and Title in the subject matter of your email and submit to email@example.com Please provide your resume, portfolio or URL where applicable as well as three references for consideration. Additionally, please provide 3-5 bullet points as to how your experience best relates to the requirements. Unless specified, roles are not open to relocation or remote candidates and only local candidates will be considered. Thank you.
Applicants for roles within the City of Los Angeles please note: “Pursuant to the Los Angeles City Fair Chance Initiative Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with Criminal Histories.”
Applicants for roles within the City of San Francisco please note: “Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction warrants.”
Artisan Creative has spent the last 20+ years in creative staffing and recruitment helping candidates find both freelance and full time roles in the Print,Digital, Broadcast, Marketing, Social Media and Communication fields.
We work with a variety of clients from Advertising and Design agencies to in-house teams in the Entertainment, Health and Beauty, Fashion, Financial, Technology and Manufacturing verticals to name a few. For a complete list of our core capabilities, please visit artisancreative.com
Visit our blog to access over 400 articles on interviewing best practices, job search and freelancing tips. Artisan Creative is a WBENC-Certified Women’s Business Enterprise and Equal Opportunity Employer.