General Manager | Job #12942March 29, 2020 Full-time 75,000
Artisan Creative is hiring a general manager to lead a brand new interactive and innovative art attraction based in Austin, TX. This national brand creates large-scale art shows in several cities that allow creativity and artists to be accessible to all. By bridging the gap between art and new audiences, art shows can be a place of shared understanding and shared experiences.
As the general manager of the Austin location, you will lead and build a team from operations, HR, customer services and community relations. This position is a blend of hospitality and event services; the art events are expected to have thousands of visitors each week and as the general manager, you will be responsible for driving sales and marketing the new location to the public.
- Deliver an extraordinary visitor experience
- Hire, train, and supervise a team to execute quality shows while communicating the brand’s mission to visitors in a positive and authentic way
- Manage a large team while upholding company policies around areas (including but not limited to: time and attendance, artwork engagement and maintenance, general show operations, and housekeeping)
- Develop and maintain relationships with community partners including local government,
- nonprofits, schools, media, and sponsors
- Support various functions of the overall show experience, across all departments (including but not limited to: artwork guide, ticketing, reception, customer service, maintenance and shop/snack bar sales)
- Partner with HQ in execution of site strategies and personnel development
- 4+ years of management experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Hospitality, Art Management or related field
- Experience with large team leadership preferred
- Experience in the arts or event management preferred
- Experience with payroll and schedule management
- Flexible schedule, ability to work nights and weekends
Please reference the Job # and Title in the subject matter of your email and submit to email@example.com Please provide your resume, portfolio or URL where applicable as well as three references for consideration. Additionally, please provide 3-5 bullet points as to how your experience best relates to the requirements. Unless specified, roles are not open to relocation or remote candidates and only local candidates will be considered. Thank you.
Applicants for roles within the City of Los Angeles please note: “Pursuant to the Los Angeles City Fair Chance Initiative Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with Criminal Histories.”
Applicants for roles within the City of San Francisco please note: “Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction warrants.”
Artisan Creative has spent the last 20+ years in creative staffing and recruitment helping candidates find both freelance and full time roles in the Print,Digital, Broadcast, Marketing, Social Media and Communication fields.
We work with a variety of clients from Advertising and Design agencies to in-house teams in the Entertainment, Health and Beauty, Fashion, Financial, Technology and Manufacturing verticals to name a few. For a complete list of our core capabilities, please visit artisancreative.com
Visit our blog to access over 400 articles on interviewing best practices, job search and freelancing tips. Artisan Creative is a WBENC-Certified Women’s Business Enterprise and Equal Opportunity Employer.