Freelance Senior Project Manager | Job 12816September 8, 2019 6 months DOE
Artisan Creative is hiring a freelance senior project manager to join an enterprise-level financial services company to oversee and be accountable for delivery-team tactical execution. This is an integrated marketing project management role and you will shepherd the full-delivery cycle for marketing campaigns of varying complexity. This is a 6-month onsite position.
• Ensures project delivery through the adherence to standards, controls, processes, deliverables and quality measures
• Keeps leadership and stakeholders informed of progress against commitments and escalate issues as needed
• Encourages open team dialogue to aid in expectation clarity, identify actionable opportunities and address team roadblocks to efficient delivery
• Owns and facilitates daily team stand-up meetings, runs team retrospectives, working to evoke dialogue and improve team dynamics
• Operates with a Continuous Improvement Mindset
• Looks for opportunities to improve team delivery dynamics
• Uses team delivery metrics to guide start/stop/continue discussions
• Constantly working to understand how to help the team improve estimation efforts to strengthen stakeholder trust
• Analyzes delivery value stream with a mindset to eliminate process waste
• Owns accountability for project team delivery
• Proactively works to ensure team coverage model and capacity are understood
• Sets and manages tactical tools to aid team in communication
• Collects team delivery metrics and facilitates discussions with leadership to improve expectations and transparency of team capacity and health
• Demonstrates initiative by identifying issues and recommending solutions.
• Ability to effectively plan and manage the work of others including managing projects across multiple teams or groups.
• Ability to influence groups and/or more senior associates.
• Strong written and oral communication skills including facilitating a variety of meetings.
• Basic business and industry knowledge or related financial products; Digital and traditional marketing techniques;
• A talent for performing and applying analytics to work assignments; basic use of MarTech and reporting tools
• Agile certifications (CSM, CPO) are a plus
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in project delivery with basic business and industry knowledge or related financial products; Digital and traditional marketing techniques
Please reference the Job # and Title in the subject matter of your email and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org Please provide your resume, portfolio or URL where applicable as well as three references for consideration. Additionally, please provide 3-5 bullet points as to how your experience best relates to the requirements. Unless specified, roles are not open to relocation or remote candidates and only local candidates will be considered. Thank you.
Applicants for roles within the City of Los Angeles please note: “Pursuant to the Los Angeles City Fair Chance Initiative Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with Criminal Histories.”
Applicants for roles within the City of San Francisco please note: “Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction warrants.”
Artisan Creative has spent the last 20+ years in creative staffing and recruitment helping candidates find both freelance and full time roles in the Print,Digital, Broadcast, Marketing, Social Media and Communication fields.
We work with a variety of clients from Advertising and Design agencies to in-house teams in the Entertainment, Health and Beauty, Fashion, Financial, Technology and Manufacturing verticals to name a few. For a complete list of our core capabilities, please visit artisancreative.com
Visit our blog to access over 400 articles on interviewing best practices, job search and freelancing tips. Artisan Creative is a WBENC-Certified Women’s Business Enterprise and Equal Opportunity Employer.