Copy Editor | Job #12918February 16, 2020 3 Months Hourly
Artisan Creative is currently looking for a content writer/copyeditor who is up-to-date on the latest pop culture, internet trends, memes and current events to work with the content team for our client in the global app space for a contracted onsite role. Flexibility for occassional weekend and evening work is also required.
In this role, you will be tasked with writing concise, witty copy for entertainment, life and culture, sports, and news/politics. You will be working closely with the Content team, playing a key role in shaping how the client uses the written word to drive innovative storytelling.
- Write and edit copy on the fly, including headlines, captions, fact filters, etc.
- Check graphics for accuracy, brevity, grammar, style, and voice
- Maintain a consistent tone of voice across all copy
- Exercise excellent editorial judgment
- Collaborate with story editors and producers
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 2+ years of experience in print or digital media
- Expert eye for proofreading, spelling, and grammar
- Consistent ability to match (and nail) tone of voice
- Willingness to break with conventional/tiresome writing standards when appropriate
- Comfortable working under tight deadlines and breaking news pressure
- Multilingual a plus
Please reference the Job # and Title in the subject matter of your email and submit to email@example.com Please provide your resume, portfolio or URL where applicable as well as three references for consideration. Additionally, please provide 3-5 bullet points as to how your experience best relates to the requirements. Unless specified, roles are not open to relocation or remote candidates and only local candidates will be considered. Thank you.
Applicants for roles within the City of Los Angeles please note: “Pursuant to the Los Angeles City Fair Chance Initiative Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with Criminal Histories.”
Applicants for roles within the City of San Francisco please note: “Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction warrants.”
Artisan Creative has spent the last 20+ years in creative staffing and recruitment helping candidates find both freelance and full time roles in the Print,Digital, Broadcast, Marketing, Social Media and Communication fields.
We work with a variety of clients from Advertising and Design agencies to in-house teams in the Entertainment, Health and Beauty, Fashion, Financial, Technology and Manufacturing verticals to name a few. For a complete list of our core capabilities, please visit artisancreative.com
Visit our blog to access over 400 articles on interviewing best practices, job search and freelancing tips. Artisan Creative is a WBENC-Certified Women’s Business Enterprise and Equal Opportunity Employer.